Defining the company's mission
At the stage of formation and entry of a company into the market the founders face the question of the principles of work, the reasons for the organization, as well as their goals.
The mission defines the value of the company and its vocation. This is the meaning that determines the direction of activity and development. It is static and develops principles of operation, reasons for entering the consumer market, In addition, it forms a long-term marketing strategy to capture the market and fight competitors.
The philosophy of the company is determined by values, belief, the involvement of all links and structural units, the development of rules for mentoring young professionals. This sets the character, rhythm and image of the enterprise. It does not change, it defines the internal style of working with clients, suppliers and buyers. The base of corporate culture, customer service, business correspondence, the manner of business meetings, briefings, advertising and marketing strategies is formed on company's philosophy and mission.
In practice, the mission is necessary to form recognition and differentiation from other identical enterprises. This is a highlight when presenting goods and services to the market. It involves the involvement in the active activities of all categories of employees from management to office employees. At the same time, consumers and suppliers play a key role.
Once they hear the requirements and are faced with the behavior of the company in the market, suppliers form an opinion and become involved in the development strategy. This affects the fulfillment of contractual obligations, the quality of supplied products, compliance with the terms of contractual obligations. Consumers build trust and preference. Therefore, it is important to familiarize with the mission at all stages of the life cycle of the enterprise.
Mission is a kind of cementing basis for the development of long-term plans with the aim of capturing the market, increasing the target audience and moving to new sales markets.
The wording should contain the main purpose, be concise and accessible. For food manufacturers, it is about providing quality products at an affordable price. For manufacturers of materials and raw materials, safety and environmental friendliness are put in the first place. And transport services stand for transport safety and life insurance for drivers and passengers.
Defining the goal
The goal is the basis for suggesting and making decisions. The main goal of any enterprise entering the market is to make a profit by achieving the maximum adaptability of the company to the variability of the market situation, increasing the market share, entering new sales markets, increasing the target audience, gaining advantages over competitors.
The cornerstone of the promotion policy is the ability to regulate, control and collect information, respond in a timely manner to the volatility of market conditions, monitor the latest developments of competitors, introduce new technologies and means of protecting their own developments.
Depending on the scale and long-term goals are divided into:
• Global goals are designed for the future, setting large-scale tasks that will improve the operation of the enterprise and change its face,
• General goals define the types of control over the movement of products, the system of regulation of information flow, storage and transportation conditions, determination of market needs, search for new sales segments, establishment of communication with the target audience, marketing and advertising strategies, diversification of the range of goods and services,
• Current goals plan the work of the enterprise for a period of up to a year, half a year or a month.
Tasks and decisions are made according to the goals.
Highlighting the target audience
Consumer research starts with identifying consumer's needs and preferences. Before offering a specific product and service, it is necessary to understand how the buyer thinks, how he breathes, to learn his tastes, to establish opportunities. The analysis is carried out at all stages of brand promotion, from its development to withdrawal from the assortment matrix.
A good specialist thinks in terms of the present, and a professional knows how to look into the future, act proactively, know better than the consumer what he needs. To guess at the right time the wishes and hopes of the buyer is one hundred percent guarantee of success.
But it is not enough to offer a product or service, you must be able to do it better, faster and more attractive than your competitors do.
It is customary to divide categories of consumers according to the type of their socialization in society:
• Extroverts are open to any new information, they are energetic, cheerful, impatient, love new experiences, quickly learn and get to know each other in companies. But the information does not penetrate beyond short-term memory, they are impulsive in purchases, they like to explore new things, they do not give preference to certain well-known brands.
• Introverts are weighed in their decisions, think over their actions, are closed to communication, they usually trust verified information and rely on their own experience. They have a well-established stereotype and do not try to break the rules and regulations. They give preference to brands proven over the years, familiar products, and stability. They are the quickest to notice changes in quality and price. Internal flows of information exceed external ones, they perceive more deeply what they saw, read or heard. They have highly developed intuition and associative memory, long-term storage of information prevails.
• Ambiverts are between two extremes and combines the qualities of previous psychotypes, alternating their behavioral stereotype depending on the circumstances. They tend to be more flexible in decision-making, adapt more easily and faster to the variability of incoming information, it is easier for them to establish communication with people.
• Commoners are the largest stratum of consumers having a poorly developed information system, high adaptability to the surrounding space. Personal opinion is formed by the information received from neighbors and work colleagues. Lack of information affects a high degree of social activity, lovers of gossip, gossip. The processes do not affect long-term accumulation of information, superficial, shallow foci of memorization prevail. The lack of information is compensated for by rumors, personal conversations with others. The most open to the effects of advertising and marketing strategies covering them. They are hungry for information and turn to artificially created information channels. They easily make contact during surveys that increase their importance in their own eyes, participate in surveys, tastings, and respond to offers of discounts and coupons.
It is customary to study the consumer group by target market segmentation:
• Socio-demographic - before ordering a brand book, it is necessary to establish a gradation of consumers for whom the product and sales market is designed. At this stage, the region of residence, population density, climatic conditions, gender, age, income level, social status are determined. This will allow avoiding unnecessary costs when placing advertisements, allocating places for billboards, determining a possible reaction to the distribution of advertising brochures. Income levels and work ability determine the tastes of entire segments of the population. Migration and population influx from villages form new unreached segments.
• The value system of different social groups is a prerequisite for segmentation by benefit. The most often considered division is by quality, price and symbol. At this stage, a branding loyalty program is developed. Most buyers are sensitive to special pricing.
• Socio-cultural segmentation - the area of residence, the type of housing, the allocation of cultural groups form certain needs and preferences of their representatives. During the analysis, they cover all groups, ranging from retirees to millionaires.
• Market behavior of the company is analyzed in relation to the size of the company, market coverage, opportunities to expand the number of manufactured products, improve their quality, the possibility of entering new sales markets, the presence of a flexible logistics network, stability of supplies, reliability of suppliers, the presence of regional distribution centers, delivery times, stocks in warehouses.
Analysis of the data obtained makes it possible to include all possible market segments when developing a brand book, establish their specifics and fully cover the target market. The image of the enterprise is formed in the mind of a consumer and should only evoke positive emotions.
The purpose of the brand book is to create a corporate identity
Style is extremely essential for any company. This is a way of communication, messages, a code of relationships with a consumer, a deal for a long-term existence, a contract for the loyalty of suppliers, buyers and employees. This is the unifying principle and the forming core of future successes and victories. In order for communication to be understood by everyone involved in the communication process, a recognizable and memorable set of elements is developed that affects the subconscious.
Corporate philosophy, culture, a kind of easily recognizable design, brand name, market behavior - establish and facilitate the identification of an enterprise among a variety of competitors. Trademarks sit firmly in the subconscious and are associated with the satisfaction of key needs. Logos evoke an impulsive desire to own and buy. Brand owners allow you to arrogantly refer to ordinary people.
Note here! The corporate identity influences the consciousness of the society.
This is a holistic approach to positioning a company in the market for goods and services. This is her image, formed by the offer, service, stability, fulfillment of contractual obligations, post-warranty service.
The corporate identity includes:
• Trademark - the name of the company, which is executed in a certain graphic manner, a font specially designed for this purpose. Its purpose is to stand out from the general host of signs and be remembered. At the same time, all types of marking must be taken into account, from a pencil to a billboard.
• Graphic representation of a trademark - it should be easy to remember and instantly reproduced in memory. It takes into account the length of the text, the height and width of the font. It should be clearly displayed, not merge, stand out against the background of printed materials.
• An associative mark is an image that symbolizes the activity of an enterprise, its stability, reliability, prestige. Symbolism plays a key role, and an associative set in the consumer's psyche comes to the rescue. Speed is a jaguar, lightness is a feather of a bird, reliability is an old house, wealth is a castle, purity is a spring. This is the semantic core of communication with customers and confrontation with competitors.
• The color scheme of a company identity design is the color that accompanies the company, starting with the design of branded notebooks and ending with packaging and product labels.
• The typeface creates an original and unique trademark, which is fixed in the mind of a potential buyer and causes a corresponding reaction. Before ordering a brand book, think over the meaning of the font, what you would like to convey to the consumer with the help of its outline. After all, graphically, you can emphasize lightness, in clear and stable letters to inform about stability and reliability, in a font with monograms - compliance with age-old traditions, high and flying letters - about bright hopes and broad prospects.
Note here! There is no brand name without an individual font.
• The corporate block represents a symbolic block of things united by a common goal - to gain a foothold in the consumer's mind. It includes trademark, name, bank details, assortment, symbol, corporate hero, brand name and slogan.
• Slogan is a short, laconic, understandable, catchy phrase that expresses the meaning and purpose of the enterprise.
• A corporate hero is a collective image of a consumer of a product, a fairy-tale character characterizing the main properties of a product, or a fantastic hero, lightning-fast and unpredictable like a purple cow in Milka's chocolate.
The main task of a brand book is to create a brand
A brand is the highest degree of creating an enterprise image. The appearance of the enterprise symbol evokes a stable associative array in the consumer's psyche. These are emotions, sensations, characteristics, advantages and benefits. This is a legend for the consumer that makes you feel superior and arrogant.
Even without being the owner of branded products, the consumer is confident in its exclusivity, reliability, durability. He endows her with the appropriate characteristics, and the possession of her fills with joy and happiness. Belonging to a certain social status is consistently associated with the ownership of certain branded items, cars or housing. This is the point of highest aspiration, this is an occasion to improve your skills and career growth, the desire to make your dreams come true.
This is the mental shell of the product, which is firmly anchored in the mind and the core of modern life. The desire to join brand-name things drives progress, creates the prerequisites for the emergence of new technologies, the development of society and a strict social gradation of modern society. Indeed, by the number of branded items, they judge your wealth and social status.
Marketing and advertising support these beliefs, promising an inexhaustible source of happiness, freedom, fun, and well-being. The brand clearly shapes the lifestyle and beliefs. It forms the concepts of good and evil, faith and justice. After all, even religious beliefs today are determined not by a person's faith, but by a trend, like the choice of curtains in the nearest shop.
The human brain does not have time to navigate in the flow of constantly updated information. He is confused at the sight of ever-increasing products and services, and promoted brands greatly facilitate the search and selection of products. This information relieves stress and psycho-emotional stress.
A brand is a sales leader, a way of expressing taste, a lifestyle, an image that has managed to resonate with the target audience.
Any company, enterprise dreams of getting into the top sales and owning a brand. For this, maximum efforts are made, from which the consumer benefits. This is a struggle for quality, and price wars with competitors, diversification of the range, the introduction of new technologies, holding promotions and tastings.
All aspects and steps of brand development, step-by-step instructions are described in the brand book. Experts try not to miss a single nuance, create a complete campaign, taking into account the specifics of the market and foresee changes in the market situation in the future.
Advantages for having a brand:
• It provides a stable income.
• The manufacturer dictates the conditions to intermediaries when promoting his branded products.
• It simplifies and reduces the time for choosing a product. Why take the risk and buy an untested new product when there is a product nearby that everyone has heard.
• It increases the gap with competitors, reduces risks, allows you to create an airbag.
• The brand makes it possible to expand the production of similar products, introduce them to the market without using sales stimulation, and evoke a response from the buyer, because a reserve of trust has been created.
• Having created a brand once, all that remains is to reinforce and strengthen its image.
• Brand creation stimulates competitors to search for alternatives, to create an analogue. This contributes to the development of progress. Who doesn't dream of repeating Apple's success.
Approaches to building a successful brand begin with styling and establishing the value of the future top product with consumers. Positioning should be unique, meet the needs of customers, meet the declared quality and reliability indicators. Special attention is paid to the development of all elements of the corporate identity. Leading marketers, designers, copywriters are hired. You can order a brand book for them, and the developed recommendations will remain to be implemented. They will check the correctness of actions, make adjustments, and track changes in the markets in time.
Customer loyalty is the foundation of a company's stable existence. It is formed gradually and guarantees the return of the buyer.
The two pillars that form the brand are product advantage over competitors and customer loyalty.